How do I create a group?
Whatever the center of interest, cause or passion they are dedicated to, creating groups is a good way to build a durable community of highly committed people. It only takes a few steps:
- Click ‘Create’ in the top right of Facebook, next to ‘Home’ and select “Group”.
- Type the name of your group, add members and choose confidentiality settings for your group.
- Click “Create”.
Once you create your group, you can personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description. Note: we recommend that group admins share any commercial or business affiliations in the group, as well as updating the group if affiliations change. You can update the group by changing the group description and making an announcement.
How do I join a group?
Joining groups is also an excellent way to share your inspirations and learn about what inspires others. It is a vast universe where all kinds of themes and subjects intersect. To join a group as your profile or your Page:
- From your News Feed click Groups in the left menu.
- In the search bar at the top, enter some keywords for the group you’re looking for.
- Select the group then click + Join Group below the cover photo. Select whether you’d like to join as your profile or your Page and click
- Join Group.
Depending on the group’s settings, you may have to wait for a group admin to approve your request.
If you join it as a Page, keep in mind that group admins may not allow Pages to join their group. If you can’t find a group you’re searching for, it may be a secret group. Secret groups won’t appear in search results, and a current member will need to invite you. Pages can only request to join groups and can’t be invited to join secret groups. Only Page admins can request to join a group.